Counselling & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in St Albans
- We are a private practice based in St Albans offering professional Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to members of the public (individuals and couples)
- We are Chartered Psychologists, Counsellors and Psychotherapists with substantial NHS and private clinic experience
- We passionately believe that the desire to change is the key to personal growth. As long as our clients are willing to put in the hard work we will accompany them every step of the way
- We are happy to discuss any issues you may have and to help you decide whether counselling or CBT could be helpful to you. Click here to find out more about our service
What is Counselling & CBT?
Counselling offers you the space to be heard. Together with the counsellor/therapist you will be able to consider your issues in a safe and non-judgmental environment. The process enables you to: develop further insight, explore your thoughts and feelings openly and encourages you to challenge your self in order to make positive changes.
You can discuss your issues and your hopes for what can be achieved and with your therapist you will review these regularly. Counselling and CBT can help clients to deal with problems in a productive manner and to develop the skills to manage a stressful and changing life environment.
We offer the latest therapeutic approaches, which have a strong evidence base for effectiveness, and are recommended by NICE, the advisory body to the government. As each person is unique we believe that a tailored approach is most helpful in meeting individual needs. Our therapists are each trained in a number of approaches and work with you in assessing your goals and devising the therapy that will be most helpful to you. Our approach includes:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Counselling
- Person Centred Counselling
- Mindfulness Based Therapies
- Existential Counselling
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
Some recent comments from letters and cards of thanks:*
“Just a note to thank you for all the help and encouragement you gave me during our sessions together. I really feel that I’ve moved from ‘I don’t think I can’ to ‘I’m sure I can’. The realisations that were uncovered were so unexpected and I feel a much stronger person now that I have a clearer idea of my own worth” Jocelyn
“I want to thank you for all your time and hard work. The journey was difficult, but you made it easier.” Tony
* Client names have been changed to ensure confidentiality